Director of Finance
be accountable for growing and leading the finance & accounting function to support the growth of the business
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
WorkDAO is looking for a passionate executive ready to revolutionize the future of work in Web3 and lead the growth and development of our complex global financial infrastructure. The Director of Finance will report directly to the CEO.
The Director of Finance will be accountable for growing and leading the finance & accounting function to support the growth of the business, inclusive of managing the FP&A and Accounting teams.
As the leader of all Finance functions, you’ll be responsible for developing metrics and KPIs to monitor and optimize WorkDAO’s global strategy; the ongoing development and monitoring of financial controls designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results; the management of the accounting function, managing accounting, tax, and treasury functions; and the financial and risk management operations of the business.
The ideal candidate will ensure strong financial operational effectiveness, have demonstrated organizational leadership capabilities, a passion for driving business program impact through operational excellence and rigor, and experience navigating complex global requirements and regulatory constraints, with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Develop and grow a world-class Accounting and FP&A team, which includes recruiting, onboarding and retaining top performers on the team
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, annual budgets, and governmental agency reports. You will drive and manage all FP&A and Accounting functions acting as the key financial decision maker for the company
- Defines and implements key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the finance team and, as appropriate, the entire organization; facilitates measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Works with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the financial planning process, including fundraising
- Identify and guide cross-functional initiatives to improve processes, systems and automation to help the business scale
- BS, MS, PhD, CPA, JD, MBA degrees
- 8+ years of experience in financial management required
- Late-stage global startup or public company experience
- Extensive experience in leading and developing finance functions and teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Deep understanding of SEC/IRS regulations, as well as filing requirements
- Passionate entrepreneur with strong business instincts, ability to identify attractive growth opportunities
culture & perks
We are a fully remote organization looking to hire the absolute best talent, regardless of the location. We take care of everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Being a part of an international team on a massive mission
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary
- Leave & vacation
- Apple laptop
WorkDAO is a token compensation platform for web3 employment. WorkDAO allows any organization, from a Delaware C corp to an unwrapped DAO, to ensure that all their contributors are employed compliantly, and taxes are paid on token compensation.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO’s Services include:
- Web3 payroll - providing fiat/token payroll tax calculations and operations support
- Web3 Employment - compliant employer services globally (EOR and PEO) and world-class benefits
- Web3 Token Grant Administration - compliant token grants to contributors
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment and compensation for the next million contributors in Web3.