DeFi Security Researcher
design secure frameworks for financial products of Perpetual Protocol
2 weeks ago
You will be working closely with the engineering team and be responsible for designing secure frameworks for financial products of Perpetual Protocol and figuring out potential systemic flaws that can lead to exploitation and financial losses.
This is a full-time position that is 100% remote, only open to people whose timezone within UTC +5 and UTC +11. This role will be entitled to an annual team token distribution.
- Revise the current design of products of Perpetual Protocol
- Communicate with the engineering team to help enhance the security and avoid potential loopholes
- Engage in the design process of new features on the security and architectural aspect to prevent any financial exploitation
- Review the code produced by the engineering team to make sure it’s secure whilst delivering the expected functionality
- Brainstorm complicated but practical attack scenarios with the engineering team and propose corresponding solutions
- Research the design of competitors or related protocols on the security aspect and share them with teammates
- Keep updated on security incidents in DeFi (decentralized finance) and pass them to the team when relevant
- Great software engineering skills
- Enthusiastic & knowledgeable about software development security, financial products and DeFi
- Knowledge of how blockchains work, especially Ethereum and Optimism
- Proficiency in Solidity
- Strong communication and organization skills
- 2+ years of work experience in software development, security firm or DeFi
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of familiarity with DeFi
- Successful bug bounty submission experiences
- Any form of security insights sharing, including but not restricted to articles, talks or bug bounty reports
- Participation in CTF (capture the flag) or any security competition
culture & perks
The Perpetual Protocol team is a fast-growing, strong, positive-minded community of DeFi lovers from around the globe. By joining us, you will work as part of a tight-knit team, and serve as an independent owner of individual projects. The scope of your work is limited only by your imagination and abilities. Let's build the best DeFi derivatives protocol together.
Perpetual Protocol is the leading derivatives exchange that builds and maintains a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform, having been live since December 2020. If you are fascinated by cryptocurrency, DeFi and the future of finance, joining our team will put you at the forefront of one of the most important global trends of our era.