Senior UI Designer
create consistently high quality UI art and raise the bar for user interface design
3 weeks ago
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior UI Designer to join the Creative Team at Gala. As an important member of the team, you’ll be responsible for creating consistently high quality UI art and raising the bar for user interface design. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
Working closely with creative leads, you will be responsible for concepting and implementing key areas including UI, icons, menus, flow, and wireframes. You will also be working with both UX and Engineering teams in areas of flow and functionality, to ensure a seamless user experience. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
- Design and implement platform-specific user menus and interfaces and preserve the uniformity of the visual and logical aspects of the user interfaces for all platforms
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.)
- Understand the implementations and respect technical constraints
- Design user interface and HUD display systems that are visually appealing, intuitive and effective
- Apply and maintain a consistent artistic standard for the entire interface of a project and respect brand guidelines
- Design the functions, appearance and handling ease of the interface and prototypes by working in collaboration with game design and programming teams
- Create models and other simple prototypes to consolidate the direction and design plans
- Help establish current design priorities, shortcoming and find creative solutions
- Design and create high-quality artistic elements by relying on his/her expertise in standard software such as Figma/XD/Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- A deep understanding of UI / UX Design
- Typography and Motion Graphics skills
- An eye for detail
- Strong Graphic Design skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and iterate on icons/gear/iconography for game items
- Experience creating high-quality 2D art, concepts for UI/UX, wireframes
- Solid art foundation background and an understanding of composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, anatomy, lighting and color theory
- Portfolio of work for consideration
- Ability to self manage tasks in alignment with team/project and Art Lead
Nice to have:
- Self Starter and someone looking at solution and solving problems
- Comfortable with working remotely on a full-time basis
culture & perks
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary (Location Dependent)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
Gala Games was founded with one goal in mind: to give power back to the gamers.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world. We are breaking down barriers to bring our gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value. At Gala Games, we work remotely and flexibly, we like each other, and we love getting things done.
Working at Gala Games, you’ll think and make things that are new and exciting. Through your talents and efforts, you will improve the lives of gamers in the real world.