Senior Game UI Designer
scale the Illuvium design language across the suite of game products
3 weeks ago
We're looking for an experienced collaborator with an impressive portfolio across AAA titles to help us scale the Illuvium design language across our suite of game products. You'll have the opportunity and autonomy to explore creative solutions to interesting design problems and make your mark on a growing industry with unlimited potential. Your experience in building and maintaining design systems that scale will be invaluable as we continue with our mission to lead not only across the blockchain gaming space but the gaming industry as a whole.
- Collaborate with the wider development and design team to create Game UIs that are feasible with regard to technical implementations
- Contribute to the Illuvium design language, working with the wider design and development team to iterate and grow the Illuvium Design System
- Understand our growing community and the blockchain games market, identify their needs and expectations and explore how Illuvium can deliver positive experiences as they engage with our game products
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a user interface designer across desktop or mobile games
- Proven experience building, maintaining and scaling design systems
- Proficiency with Figma for both design and interactive prototypes
- A portfolio that demonstrates previous design projects
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working with AAA games or web3 teams, or a willingness to learn about blockchain gaming or web3
- Experience designing game UIs
- Experience in carrying out research on usability and effectiveness of new and existing UIs and workflows
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain-based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely, so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end, all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.