Senior Level Designer
lead level design for our open world title
a week ago
You will work as part of the game design team, leading level design for our open world title and creating and maintaining design documentation while utilizing a host of tools to help shape gameplay systems for Illuvium.
You will report directly to the Lead Game Designer and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams that touch on all aspects of game development. As such, good communication skills and a strong understanding and love for open world games is essential. You will contribute to and translate feedback to improve a multitude of game systems.
- Understand open world pathing, level design and user psychology
- Write clear and concise design documentation
- Utilize internal tools and JSON to build open world systems
- Openly share your work, and receive and provide actionable feedback
- Apply deep knowledge of game design principles to achieve finesse
- An extensive portfolio of design showing a solid grasp of game mechanics and innovation
- Experience with JSON objects
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with open world games
- At least four years of experience as a game designer in the games industry
- Experience with data-driven systems
- Familiarity with the Ethereum blockchain
- Experience in Unreal Engine 5 or Unity
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain-based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely, so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end, all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.