Creative Designer (Guild of Guardians)
develop new and compelling features for Guild of Guardians game
3 weeks ago
Development on Guild of Guardians continues apace, with an increased commitment to depth, quality, and scope of experience. We’re committed to building the first truly great web3 / blockchain game, and to do so, we’re looking for an experienced, visionary Creative Designer.
Working closely with nearly every discipline across the project—developing and maintaining the creative vision at every step—this role is absolutely critical to our development processes. Guild of Guardians aims to be not just a great blockchain game, but a shining example of how a great game can be made even better when it thoughtfully leverages the blockchain. This role is a key part of making that happen.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to develop characters, storylines, and worldbuilding
- Develop new and compelling features with the Creative Director and Game Design, looking for opportunities to leverage the blockchain and our thriving community
- Work with Game Design and UX/UI to integrate lore, character, and narrative into proposed features
- Develop creative briefs + write documentation, partnering with the Art Director as needed
- Promote a consistent and intentional quality of experience through cross-disciplinary collaboration with Game Design, Engineering, and Production
- Partner with the Art Director to ensure that new characters, monsters, and worlds align with the creative vision
- Bring a critical—and creative—eye to level, world, and quest design, defining and maintaining standards for, pacing, feel, and environmental storytelling
- Direct and collaborate with the Narrative team to create content that supports features as they move through development
- Work with the Narrative Team to ensure all written content aligns with established style and tone
- Work with Production and External Development to communicate progress and identify dependencies
- Collaborate with both internal teammates and external partners—from around the world—on a daily basis
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the gaming industry
- Experience as either a Game Designer, Narrative Designer, or Creative Designer
- You know What Good Looks / Sounds / Feels Like and how to get there
- Comfortable and capable providing direction, feedback, and if necessary, demonstrating
- Experience leading and working with external partners
- Deep understanding of the web3 space
- Experience working on a blockchain/NFT game
culture & perks
Attracting the best global talent:
- We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
- While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
- We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage
Levelling up your growth:
- We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
- Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive:
- Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
- Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
- Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
- New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
- Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Guild of Guardians (GOG) is a multiplayer, fantasy, action, mobile RPG where you would build dream teams of Guardians to conquer and complete dungeons to earn epic rewards. You can buy, sell, and trade "Guardians" to create the strongest team possible to take down dungeons and compete with your guild to play and earn! Utilising blockchain technology via NFTs on our Immutable X platform via Etheruem we allow you to have full digital ownership of your in-game assets.
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia's fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world's first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
Australia, AU (Remote)