Staff Engineer (Gods Unchained)
help the team build a seamless and exciting player experience in Gods Unchained
3 weeks ago
You will have the opportunity to help the team build a seamless and exciting player experience in Gods Unchained which has gone from strength to strength. By collaborating with the team you will help develop features to improve the player experience retaining and attracting more players into our ecosystem.
You will drive the revamping of our match-making algorithms to enable efficient and engaging new game modes and improve the current system for higher-quality experiences.
- Deliver a world-class game experience to our players
- Document new and existing systems, practices, and processes
- Build new features while maintaining and iterating on existing ones
- Propose tactics and techniques to help our team operate more efficiently
- Critically assess our current status of codebases and provide constructive feedback on how to improve them
- Work closely with your team with a high degree of synchronization about goals and strategy to allow for efficient processes
- Lead and deliver multiple projects within the Gods Unchained team
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Drive a culture of innovation to positively impact all of engineering
- Strong level of professional Software Engineering experience
- Experience delivering Web applications / Backend integration and APIs
- An actionable level of knowledge with SOLID / Clean code Principles
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Proven mentorship and coaching skills
- Experience working with Microservices Architecture
- Experience in a start-up / scale-up
- Gaming experience
- Professional or hobbyist level Blockchain / Solidity experience
- Design Systems
culture & perks
Attracting the best global talent:
- We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
- While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
- We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage
Levelling up your growth:
- We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
- Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive:
- Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
- Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
- Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
- New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
- Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia's fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world's first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
Australia, AU (Remote)