Golang Engineer (Infura)
build out system APIs, daemons, and other such microservices to support our high volume APIs and our customer facing frontends
a month ago
Infura delivers blockchain API access at internet scale. Look forward to applying the techniques and scaling tricks you’ve learned over your career to the emerging blockchain technology set. Using GoLang, you will build out system APIs, daemons, and other such microservices to support our high volume APIs and our customer facing frontends.
The systems you build will be powering the innovation happening in the web3 world.
- Architect and design systems that provide reliable, scalable access to various blockchains and decentralized networks
- Collaborate with an experienced team of senior engineers to build an infrastructure that can service a growing number of developers and projects that are building for the blockchain
- Analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic internet applications to deliver the best experience to the engineers we serve
- Ideally you have 5+ years of experience focussed on backend engineering, systems engineering, or scaling web services
- GoLang is the primary language at Infura and experience with it is preferred, but deep experience with any strongly typed languages supporting concurrency would be sufficient
- Infura works with open source stacks, so direct experience with open source technologies such as Linux, Docker, Redis, RDBMS and NoSQL storage systems
- Experience with distributed systems
- A natural curiosity, thirst for knowledge, and interest in diving into blockchain and its complex code bases will help you succeed in this role
- Our most successful engineers have a constant desire to improve, refine, and take things higher
- Great communication and proven abilities to work in a team setting (on premises or fully remote)
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our remote-friendly, energetic start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role. We are simply looking for amazing people who share in our vision for making great things with great people.
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Infura is the leading infrastructure platform providing scalable and easy-to-use APIs and cloud solutions for blockchain and decentralized application developers. Infura currently offers APIs for Ethereum, IPFS, and other leading decentralized networks, allowing developers to immediately begin building instead of spending time on architecting and maintaining their own infrastructure.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets.
Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.