Golang Backend Engineer (Codefi)
work with a set of backend data and compliance services implemented in Go that serve a frontend KYT application
a month ago
Codefi Staking is an institutional ETH2 staking as a service provider. We are working with some of the world’s largest exchanges and custodians to enable them to offer Ethereum 2.0 staking to their customers.
Codefi Compliance are a set of backend data and compliance services implemented in Go that serve a frontend KYT application (Know-Your-Transaction, scanning on-chain activity of Ethereum accounts to identify suspicious activities) and also other products and applications of ConsenSys.
We are looking for backend Golang developers with production big data pipeline (ETL) experience.
- Understanding of the Ethereum 1.0 Protocol, on-chain storage and data structures
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer working on production applications
- 3+ years of Golang backend development experience
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL and other databases
- General interest in DevOps topics / experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Serverless and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure)
- Building production-grade applications/APIs
- Experience on big data pipeline (ETL) and using tools such as Spark to manage large-scale, distributed datasets
- Experience working on agile projects in an Agile environment
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing good technical documentation
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging technology
- Cryptography (for instance Ethereum-related)
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructure
Other skills to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets.
Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.