Director of Global Taxation
lead global taxation compliance and planning at ConsenSys high growth company
a month ago
Seeking a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to lead global direct and indirect taxation compliance and planning at our high growth company. The Director of Global Taxation will work cross-functionality and globally with Finance, Legal, and Human Resources teams across the company.
- Manage all planning and compliance related to domestic and international activities for corporate income taxes, indirect taxation and GAAP tax provision
- Manage the Global Tax function and all internal and external relationships relating to Tax
- In addition, the successful candidate should be a hands-on Tax professional that will lead the development and implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, minimize audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
- Lead the continual strategic review of the company’s international tax structure and transfer pricing policies
- Build a team of tax professionals by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, creating opportunities and developing goals
- Drive transformation of the tax function to scale for growth, which includes people development, process improvement and implementation, and effective use of data and technology
- Maintain ownership of tax internal controls and update as business developments dictate, ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Be a key part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes.
- Assume expertise for new and emerging tax issues, both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance, C.P.A. or J.D. required
- 10+ years of progressive corporate tax experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a Big 4 accounting firm
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a complex, SEC registrant company or commensurate progressive experience with SEC registrant clients for the tax division of a Big 4 accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Federal Taxation
- Must demonstrate a conceptual and business-oriented approach to communicating taxes and tax planning, and be able to effectively communicate with and influence non-tax business leaders
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements, including the use of new tax technology and automation tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage critical timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization and draft technical Tax and accounting memos
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets.
Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.