Director of Engineering (MetaMask)
lead MetaMask engineering organization towards the above goals
a month ago
We are looking to hire our first ever Director of Engineering to lead our engineering organization towards the above goals. You will be accountable for overall health and growth of our engineering organization.
This will be achieved by directly supporting other engineering leaders as a manager, mentor, facilitator, advisor, and advocate, and empowering them to provide such support to engineers they manage. In addition, the Director of Engineering will help guide MetaMask’s teams to improve their engineering processes in areas such as releases and deployments, code review, technical planning, quality assurance and testing.
This person will be an enabler of other engineering leaders and will not be a technical/architectural decision-maker.
- Initiating and/or cultivating proposals for improvements to our engineering structures, processes and culture
- Facilitating conversations and decisions among our engineering leaders about changes and improvements to our engineering structures, processes and culture
- Driving execution on projects/initiatives aimed at improving our engineering team structures, processes and culture
- Overseeing technical hiring and supporting those responsible for technical recruiting and onboarding
- Collaborating with both HR and Marketing to develop and deliver successful engineering talent attraction and retention strategies
- Advocating for and supporting strategies for growing a diverse and inclusive engineering team
- Being the direct manager for engineering leaders (this includes both individual contributors at the senior/staff level, and engineers who are primarily responsible for managing others). This role will have 8-10 direct reports.
- Mentoring other managers in the practice of people management
- Facilitating decisions among the team’s engineering managers related to workforce planning, hiring priorities, promotions and internal transfers
- Establishing practices and processes to foster learning and growth among engineers
- Advising and soundboarding with engineering leaders about their key challenges, and supporting them by removing blockers, getting them resources and facilitating relationship development with key collaborators
- Work with engineering leaders to identify and implement process changes aimed at improving the quality and velocity of our product releases/delivery
- Collaborate with MetaMask leadership in other functions (product, design, operations, etc) on the structural/organizational changes necessary to properly support a fast growing team
- Helping establish systems for monitoring the health of our engineering organization
We are looking for someone with empathy, humility and self-awareness to provide leadership and oversight to our engineering management practices and processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing software engineering teams in the following areas:
- Cross-cultural and multi-cultural teams
- Cross-timezone, global distribution
- Remote working
- Agile environment
- Rapidly changing and brand new technologies
- Fast growing teams
Nice to have an experiance in:
- Mentoring/advising others in the practices of engineering management
- All stages of the “employee lifecycle” as it pertains to engineers: recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, offboarding
- Building diverse teams
- Release/Delivery Management
- Maintaining open source projects
- Building software for both desktop browsers and mobile devices
culture & perks
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution
We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots
We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges
Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets.
Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.