Senior Software Engineer, Data Feeds
work with new use-cases to enable projects requiring data from the Chainlink
a month ago
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Feeds team, you will be working with new use-cases including and beyond price feeds to enable projects requiring data from the Chainlink network.
You will work with external team's engineers to define, implement and support products which will allow blockchain technology to take over multiple industries. In addition, you will work closely with data analysts and scientists to build out robust monitoring and analytics of the data sources that drive the Chainlink oracle data ecosystem. This will quickly evolve to other data types to meet the growing demands of the blockchain ecosystem. You will reporting to the engineering manager on the team.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Own the data ingestion of data sources that power Chainlink oracle data offerings. This includes writing services to poll data from traditional APIs, websockets and on-chain sources
- Evolve the architecture of our data ecosystem as we scale the amount of data sources we warehouse
- Build tools to enable deep analytical insights into the Chainlink & wider blockchain ecosystem
- Lead application-specific integrations with Chainlink
- Provide support for integrating partners making use of Chainlink
- Actively participate in leveling the team's engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability of the product
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Professional experience working on a cloud based big data system (AWS, GCP)
- Professional experience with SQL
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling a production service
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Experience in Golang, Typescript, SQL, Terraform, AWS, Kafka, BigQuery & dbt
- Experience in building telemetry and data pipelines
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
- Interest in blockchain and web3
- Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Kafka, dbt
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks.
Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others.
The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.