Senior DevOps Engineer
build the Chainlink infrastructure with GCP, ensure reliable work of the services
a month ago
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us build the Chainlink infrastructure with GCP, ensure reliable work of internal and customer-facing services, and empower the entire engineering organization to do their best work.
The purpose of this role is to help the team with development and maintenance of our Data platform on Google Cloud. This will include design and implementation of the strategy as we rapidly scale our data capabilities as well as maintenance and continuous improvements of the platform. The role will help build the GCP infrastructure that will support the existing Data Team in their function and will assist the team SMEs in launching and maintaining blockchain nodes.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Understanding and experience with GCP security best practices
- Develop and deploy new data and blockchain services (Infra as Code)
- Monitor and maintain data pipelines and blockchain nodes in production environment
- Experience with managed data storages (PostgreSQL, Big Query …) is a big advantage
- Establish Backup, reliability and disaster recovery strategy for data services
- Plan and Implement CI/CD best practices
- Experience working with GCP. Knowledge of other clouds is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, GitOps. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used tools like GitHub Actions, Atlantis, or similar to achieve that
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible Kubernetes, helm. Experience with deploying and supporting managed kubernetes clusters (GKE), helm charts development
- Experience with monitoring solutions and central logging. Dashboards, alerts development( Prometheus, Grafana, GCP Logging, Splunk …
- Python, bash, Powershell
- You are a confident Linux administrator
- Experience deploying and maintaining Data Projects, you understand how data pipelines operate and what are the typical SLAs involved
- Experience with Big Query, DataFlow, Airflow Pentaho, DataProc, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or similar services is a plus
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Experience running blockchain full nodes would give you a considerable advantage in this role
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a similarly big plus
- Experience with GitHub Actions and self-hosted runners in particular
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. While this role is mainly focused on maintenance, we would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services under your purview
- GCP; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks.
Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others.
The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.