Data Engineer (Office of the CTO)
build, maintain and evolve our data warehouse to support the organization
a month ago
We are looking for a data engineer to join our shared data engineering team, with a goal of helping to build, maintain and evolve our data warehouse to support the organization.
You will join a team to work with the business to ensure we have a first class data warehouse supporting our business units and our business decision making. Some of the key areas you will help ensure we are doing well are:
- data quality
- data governance
- master data management
- Understanding of the business and data strategy
- Contribute to the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data
- Implementing data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools
- Knowledge of real time streaming data pipelines
- Governance: Advising on, monitoring, and governing enterprise data
- Operations: Enabling data usability, availability, and efficiency
- Innovation: Driving enterprise digital transformation innovation, cost reduction, and revenue generation
- Analytics: Supporting analytics and reporting on products, customers, operations, and markets
- Personal and/or Professional involvement in web3 (crypto, tokens, NFTs, dev tooling, dapps, DAOs, blockchain, courses, etc.)
- 5+ years of overall working experience in an enterprise engineering domain
- Tech stack you'll work within: Python, SQL, LookML/Looker, BigQuery
- Preferably focused on a company's operational data (pulling, analyzing, ETL, consolidating, integrating, building out pipelines, etc.)
- Experience collecting external on-chain market data from the web3 environment.
- Proficient in Python and SQL programming (building scripts from scratch)
- Well versed with popular frameworks like Pandas, Flask, Airflow, Apache Beam etc.
- Experience with any one cloud technologies i.e Google BigQuery (GCP), AWS or Azure (GCP preferred)
- Hands on experience with Cloud function, Big Query, DataFlow, Cloud Run, Airflow etc.
- Strong with Linux Commands and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of any one SCM tools like Git, BitBucket etc.
- Strong knowledge on Terraform scripting
- Enthusiasm for shipping high-quality code and helping peers do the same
- Understanding of web development practices and terminology
- Hands-on experience with Kafka
- Hand-on experience with Apache Spark (py-spark preferred)
- You’re a MetaMask user!
culture & perks
- Remote first
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
- Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
- Competitive benefits
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
- Continuous learning and opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy, our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
- Unlimited vacation/holidays
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
- Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets.
Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.