oversee all parts of the release process for all Chainlink services and tools
a month ago
As a Release Engineer, you will stand at the intersection of our Infrastructure, Core, and QA teams, overseeing all parts of the release process for all Chainlink services and tools. You will improve CI/CD pipelines to increase developer velocity in all teams across the company, and work towards stable, repeatable, fully automated builds of all parts of the Chainlink ecosystem.
This high-visibility role is perfect for a person with substantial CI/CD knowledge and exceptional communication skills, passionate about shipping great products and creating product impact.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work.
- Lead the cross-team release process and see it to completion, ensuring efficient collaboration between Core, QA, and Infrastructure teams
- Build and improve CI/CD pipelines for all parts of the Chainlink ecosystem, including Chainlink builds, adapters, and external-facing services
- Create and maintain documentation and playbooks for the release processes of Chainlink and Chainlink-adjacent tools and services
- Increase developer velocity by identifying areas of improvement in all parts of our software development life cycle and implementing necessary changes
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE, and software engineering roles. You have worked in a DevOps or SRE team and are comfortable with most parts of our infrastructure stack (below).
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and build tools. You are familiar with build and deploy pipelines and ideally have experience with creating new pipelines.
- Strong automation knowledge. You have experience with writing shell scripts and programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Golang, or similar.
- Excellent communication skills. You have coordinated critical initiatives across several teams in a fully remote environment.
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a big plus
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- We are giving slight preference to candidates who live in the UTC-7 to UTC-4 range due to the location of people whose work you will coordinate, but we can make most time zones work
- AWS; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
culture & perks
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
The collaborative environment at Chainlink is focused on three key principles:
- Building world-changing tech by solving complex problems along with some of the industry’s brightest coworkers
- Accelerated ownership and career growth as we go through hyper-growth and accelerate in user adoption
- Being an early part of our success story, getting in on the ground floor and building something important with us
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.