design and develop data intensive applications
3 weeks ago
This role is open to remote work as our teams are globally distributed. In this role, you must be comfortable working independently and autonomously while establishing a cadence of timely delivery with high-quality work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing data intensive applications
- Automating repeatable processes with solutions that are robust, configurable and scalable
- Integrating real-time data pipelines to acquire/distribute data within the Blockdaemon estate.
- Managing and maintaining a Big Data ecosystem
- Deploying solutions in GCP and other cloud technologies
We are searching for a highly motivated and driven data engineer who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technology field OR 3+ Years of writing software in professional environment
- Experience working with real-time streaming and messaging systems (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Highly proficient in one of the following programming languages - Scala, Java, Python, or GoLang
- Strong ability to write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Highly proficient in building data intensive applications
- Good knowledge of web environment, API designs, GRPC, HTTP, REST, WebSockets
- Wide experience with both relational and non-relational database technologies (PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
- Experience with Cryptocurrencies or Blockchain technologies
- Passion for software engineering
- Experienced in CI/CD development process
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform
- Knowledge working with cloud infrastructure technology (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to work within an environment of continuous integration and deployment
culture & perks
Blockdaemon is dedicated to fostering and maintaining a vibrant, diverse and inclusive work environment where transparency, accountability and individual agency come first.Our team consists of passionate individuals spread across six countries and counting. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength this diversity of skills, backgrounds and viewpoints brings to our business.We believe in open and transparent communication where challenging ideas are met with diversity of thought and perspective.
We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry.