contribute to building the Rainbow Bridge, its protocol, relayer services, and bridge connectors
4 weeks ago
In this role, you will contribute to building the Rainbow Bridge, its protocol, relayer services, and bridge connectors. You will be responsible for bridging various algorithmically complex systems together, which will require learning and understanding their internals. Your tasks will also involve supporting the interaction between Rainbow Bridge and Aurora Engine (EVM).
This is a full-time position that can be done remotely anywhere in the world.
- Overseeing the release process of the Rainbow Bridge
- End-to-end ownership of the relayers and other non-blockchain services and other critical components
- Supporting and implementing different bridge blockchain connectors
- Maintenance of the Rainbow Bridge
- Supporting the interaction between Rainbow Bridge and Aurora Engine (EVM)
- Maintenance of documentation, product knowledge base, and on-call handbook
- Ownership of monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. Grafana)
- Working with the open-source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team
- Design and implementation of various interoperability components interacting with multiple blockchains
- Exceptional ability to keep things organized during the development of complex projects with a distributed team
- Proficiency in Rust/Go/C++ or other systems programming languages
- Excellent coding skills with JS/TS or other scripting languages
- Deep understanding of Blockchain technology and Ethereum in particular
- Experience in maintaining complex multi-component products (Grafana or other similar dashboard / alerting systems)
- Experience in the development of concurrent/parallel systems
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Strong written communication skills in English
- Ability to join the team calls during Europe working hours
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of Ethereum contracts patterns and best practices
- Experience implementing complex Ethereum contracts in Solidity
- Familiarity with the internals of other blockchains
- Familiarity with Rust
- Previous engineering experience working with NEAR/Substrate/Solana ecosystems
- Basic knowledge of cryptography
- Knowledge of runtimes and virtual machines
culture & perks
If you are eager to dive into the competing cross-chain ecosystem and would like to work in an energetic environment, surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers, we would be happy to see you in Aurora labs!
- Execute extreme ownership
- Strive for excellence
- Embrace authenticity
- Promote merit
- Get shit done
Aurora is working in the blockchain industry and helps developers and users to capture the full benefits of the Ethereum network by creating an opportunity to scale the ecosystem.
Aurora Labs builds the Aurora Ecosystem which mainly consists of two components: Rainbow Bridge and Aurora Engine. Rainbow Bridge is a fully trustless and decentralized bridge that interconnects Ethereum and NEAR ecosystems. The Bridge team is responsible for developing the Rainbow Bridge, its related services, and infrastructure that connect Ethereum and NEAR ecosystems together. Aurora Engine is an EVM built on the NEAR Protocol, delivering a turn-key solution for developers to operate their apps on an Ethereum-compatible, high-throughput, scalable and future-safe platform, with low transaction costs for their users.