Solidity Smart Contract Engineer
architect and build Alchemy's protocols, and set the bar for highly readable, optimized, and secure code
a month ago
Alchemy is building out distributed protocols to augment our developer platform. As one of our first smart contract engineers you will be architecting and building those protocols, and setting the bar for highly readable, optimized, and secure code backed by a comprehensive test suite. You'll be responsible for bringing the same level of security, speed, and stability as our existing platform to our distributed efforts. As they augment our existing developer platform, the contracts you build will quickly become a platform for thousands of teams and millions of users globally.
- Architecture and design of distributed protocols with an emphasis on security, performance, and scalability
- Write, deploy, and test smart contracts and maintain them in production
- Develop and own best practices for protocol upgrades and versioning across different networks
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design on the user-facing applications built around our smart contract protocols
- Mentor other engineers in in-depth Solidity/EVM topics and best practices
- Stay up to date with the latest Solidity releases, developer tooling, and exploits
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of smart contract development including production deployments of original, non-trivial protocols and related security audits
- BS/BA in Computer Science
- Extreme proficiency with Solidity and the EVM
- Experience designing distributed protocols
- Experience designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining high traffic smart contracts
- Experience building and managing a protocol with significant TVL is a plus
- Ability to balance shipping quickly with building stable infrastructure
- Experience working with startups
- Passion for blockchain technologies and Web3
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- You'll help us to empower blockchain developers everywhere
- Competitive salary/benefits
- Flexible work, supportive environment
- Smart and friendly team
The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.