build out a portfolio of unforgettable high-impact gatherings
a month ago
As an Event Manager you will help broaden and deepen Aragon’s role within crypto and adjacent industries by building out a portfolio of unforgettable high-impact gatherings. You will have autonomy to own the full event pipeline, from initial design and ideation to setting the production schedule, planning, logistics, and day-of execution.
- Build replicable event playbooks and processes that ensure consistency in external engagement across the brand and scale the impact of Aragon
- Have a pulse on what is happening in the community, industry trends, and who are the emerging thought leaders, building your own map of potential event organizers, sponsors, speakers, or collaborators
- Define event requirements clearly and ahead-of-schedule with your marketing colleagues
- Collaborate with design and marketing, communicate with manufacturers, provide shipping, take an inventory, and do anything else involving management of promotional material, physical booth items, and wearables
- Make sure that everyone representing your organization is equipped with the guidelines and resources they need (you brief event speakers and attendees so they are fully prepared)
- Keep everyone else in the loop, so that venues, vendors, speakers, and any other stakeholders are abreast on project timelines and logistics
- Ensure events execute flawlessly on the day-of, divert crises when they do happen.
- 3+ years of experience planning or overseeing a successful event program
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and stay calm under pressure in order to provide solutions to emerging and sometimes vague challenges
- Highly process oriented with a keen eye for detail
- Must be comfortable in an quickly changing environment that demands proactive self-management and a scrappy “get it done” attitude
- No ego - must have a positive and humble attitude, be open to feedback, and have a natural knack for bringing others together
- Proficient in tools to assist in event planning and coordination, including Hubspot, Notion, Excel, Jira, or related tools
- Excellent English communication - both written and oral - that is completely free of bullshit
- Highly interested in decentralized technology and the culture that is emerging around it
- Must be able to work odd hours and travel to hit key event-related deadlines
- Be a natural and experienced planner, able to oversee all aspects of event management for conference participation, sponsorship, hosting, speaker coordination - from A to Z
- Have a growth-oriented mindset and be conscious of branding and communications efforts that you need to be successful
- Experience working as an event planner in the crypto industry - whether in DeFi, DAOs, NFTs, etc.
- Having a preexisting and well-maintained network of industry partners to get rocking on day 1
- Experience in a marketing role or as a writer, with an exceptional ability to tailor messages to the right audience
- Experience managing online and offline communities
culture & perks
We value freedom and responsibility - so much so that we are in the process of taking this one step further with our plans to fully transition into our DAO by 2023. This means that we're a remote only organisation that's flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you're within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
Aragon Association is a small, remote-only and humble team of people that span a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We're entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between who are designing and building unstoppable governance tools for decentralized organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework to build DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their apps with DAO functionality, and a decentralized dispute resolution system. The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.