Smart Contract Engineer — Protocol
ensure 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed protocol for DEX
a month ago
You'll be working closely alongside a small and growing team of world-class Solidity/protocol engineers from diverse technical backgrounds, including folks who’ve done notable solo open-source Ethereum development, co-authored the ERC-721 standard, and audited security-critical smart contracts across the industry.
- Our Blockchain engineers ensure 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed protocol for decentralized exchange
- Research and drive high-level decisions about 0x protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features
- Solve greenfield challenges around liquidity, market structures, governance, multi-chain interoperability, security, and mechanism design
- You’ll own our smart contract architecture and development. Spec, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions while partnering with projects across DeFi and providing web3 developers with access to our exchange infrastructure
- Keep attuned to the rapidly evolving blockchain/crypto space and introduce innovative functionality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Analyze transaction and usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement
- Experience writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- Knowledge of the EVM, DeFi protocols, and gas optimization
- Strong communication, ownership, and collaboration skills
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack and industry
- Exhibit the core values that drive our mission at 0x: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts
culture & perks
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We are a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.