Software Engineer — Frontend
take large and early part in building out the Matcha product
a month ago
By focusing on user experience and education, Matcha will onboard the next wave of users into the DeFi ecosystem. As a Front-End Engineer on the team, you’ll take large and early part in building out this flagship product.
You’ll work closely alongside:
- Tom Herbert, Matcha's Engineering Manager. Before joining 0x Labs, Tom was the VP of Engineering at Treatment where his team built an AI-powered medical diagnosis engine. Prior to that role, he was CTO at a large socially conscious couponing organization, where he led teams that built applications to connect millions of users to nonprofits across the globe.
- Anshu Das, Matcha's Product Lead. Before joining 0x Labs, Anshu was a Senior Product Manager at Spotify, where he was Product Lead for Spotify Wrapped as well as other key product launches. Prior to Spotify, Anshu led growth and core product initiatives at both large companies and startups including Snapchat and Nextdoor.
- A small (and growing) team of world-class engineers, designers, data scientists, marketers and
- Various other teams and stakeholders across 0x Labs
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building, testing, and shipping features that are simple, intuitive, performant, and reliable
- Own entire features from specification to shipping
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team
- Keep abreast of the nascent and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and introduce innovative tools and products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
We don’t care much about your experience with our stack (or any specific stack); we care far more that someone has solid fundamentals, is generally intelligent, has strong learning agility, and is an overall good human. We understand it takes time to ramp, and we’re happy to invest with the right person if necessary.
That said, we’re excited about the rapidly evolving tech we’re building on. It includes:
- React (we use Hooks heavily!)
- react-spring and react-use-gesture for high-performance animations and interactions
- AlchemyAPI and ethers 5.0 for interacting with Ethereum
- Vercel for continuous deployment and infrastructure
- Linear for project management
- Bachelor's or equivalent
- Experience with React
- Experience with CSS/HTML
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Proficiency with TypeScript (Matcha is written completely in strict-mode TypeScript)
- Experience optimizing front-end performance (we take application performance very seriously)
culture & perks
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
Matcha is 0x Labs’ first consumer-facing product. Built on top of 0x API, Matcha is a meticulously designed decentralized exchange that makes it safe and easy for anyone in the world to access crypto assets on the Ethereum blockchain. We provide users with the best prices by aggregating liquidity from all of the major decentralized exchanges and splitting/routing orders intelligently.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We are a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.