Senior Finance Analyst
support the company’s finance department and act as an integral piece in scaling the finance function
a month ago
We’re looking for a finance professional with a deep interest and passion for the decentralized finance industry. You’ll support the company’s finance department with day-to-day finance operations and act as an integral piece in scaling the finance function. You have strong attention to detail and follow the ideology of “measure twice cut once”. You have the initiative and drive to be self-sufficient and find un-defined tasks during downtime. You’re okay getting in the weeds of operations and understand that they keep the company functioning. You enjoy process improvement and are constantly adding enhancements to your files. You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to effectively communicate with teammates. Most importantly, you love the idea of a challenge and the culture of a startup excites you.
- Assist in the quarterly close of the company’s financial statements
- Own accounts payable and set up and track wires
- Handle monthly departmentalization of the company’s expenses
- Track and update data/metrics for financial models such infrastructure costs, exchange volumes, revenues, etc.
- Assist in the reconciliation of the company’s crypto-accounting
- Work with and vet 3rd party vendors offering new software/services that could help the finance function
- Support the finance lead with adhoc projects/requests
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in an FP&A or accounting role
- Basic knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to work autonomously and a strong work ethic
- Expert Excel skills
- Familiarity with hardware wallets
- Startup experience
- Experience with Xero
- Knowledge of DeFi mechanics and blockchain explorers
culture & perks
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We are a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.