Frontend - Software Engineer
deliver new features with a clean and seamless user experience
a month ago
As a Frontend Software Engineer at POAP, you will join our Engineering team with the objective of delivering new features with a clean and seamless user experience. You will leverage your expertise to raise the bar for our products and development practices.
The Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages.
You will be required to work in teams alongside back end developers, graphic designers, and user experience designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent.
As part of a team, you are expected to act as an owner of the projects you participate on, being responsible for quality and timely deliveries, proactive to coordinate with other parties and manage project delivery as a whole.
- Participate in the design of new products and services, adding value both as an engineer and as a user
- Optimizing our application for performance and security
- Collaborate with Product Owner to ensure that deliverables satisfy requirements
- Promote the best coding practices to teammates by leveraging constructive feedback and friendly communication
- Consistently write clean codes and tests
- Scope and implement features
- Provide timelines for your deliverables and adequately communicate blockers
- Promote proper documentation and engineering practices
- Develop solid understanding of domains on POAPs codebase and how the users use products and services
- Inspires teamwork and helps others grow
- Have a growth mindset towards feedback, sharing with both leaders and teammates
- Have the ability to voice concerns in a constructive manner, disagree and commit
- 3+ years of experience working as a Front end Software Engineer
- 2+ years working with Reactjs or similar frameworks (Vue, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Knowledge working with JS, HTML and CSS
- Fluent in English
- You have a keen understanding of what is needed to deliver software on time with high standards of quality
- You are very well organized and extremely focused on structure and documentation
- You are always on the look out for process optimizations that result in productivity increases
- Ability to create and communicate goals, foster accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in communicating across internal departments and to stakeholders
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum-style methodologies
- Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain knowledge is a nice to have
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- NextJS as our frontend platform
- React as our frontend library
- Sass and CSS Modules for implementation of css styling
- Datadog and Sentry for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Cypress, React Test Library, Jest to run our tests
- Auth0 to manage authentication of users
- Find a niche at the forefront of bleeding edge innovation
- Technical, operational, generalist, and entry-level positions available
- Fully remote, with offices in New York, Buenos Aires, and Paris
- Help some passionate humans make a better world
POAP is a platform that allows Issuers to distribute badges in the form of NFTs to Collectors when they take part in an activity such as an event or a landmark occasion. Issuers range from small events and communities to event-organizing companies and departments with numerous people working in teams.
POAPs mission it’s to solidify its position as the best ecosystem for the preservation of memories, serving more communities more reliably.
POAP is a complex product with the end goal of enabling everyone to preserve their memories using a reliable standard, empowering the collectors with true ownership of their digital assets. Our products act as a bridge between mainstream and web3 by providing a friendly way to interact with blockchain technologies while offering a world class experience.