Backend - Project Leader
lead the Back End Engineering team to work on new and existing POAP projects
a month ago
As a Project Leader at POAP, you will lead our Back End Engineering team to work on our new and existing projects. We have an ambitious roadmap ahead of us which will bring interesting challenges and opportunities for development.
In your role as a Project Leader you will be accountable for leading a team of Engineers to deliver high quality projects in collaboration with other cross functional teams. POAPs culture is based on teamwork and support, so we strive to communicate, provide constructive feedback and achieve more by working together.
Technology and people are the way in which we aim to achieve POAPs mission. We work in autonomous teams that self-organise, have ownership over the products they build and collaborate with other teams in order to constantly raise the bar on our end user experience.
We will encourage you to develop yourself as a professional and outgrow your responsibilities by providing challenging opportunities to make a real difference in a fast growing company.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and discuss them with Technical Leaders
- Coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure timely and quality delivery of features
- Participate in the design of new products and services, adding value both as an engineer and as a user
- Scope and estimate deliverables at the Epic level, providing timelines for milestones in projects
- Adequately communicate risks, trade-offs and blockers for different projects
- Assist technical leaders on the coordination of teams workload and communication with other teams
- Develop solid understanding of domains on POAPs codebase and how the users use products and services
- Coach and mentor Engineers on your team, inspiring teamwork and helping others grow
- Have a growth mindset towards feedback
- Have the ability to voice concerns in a constructive manner, disagree, and commit
- Actively look for tools and methodologies that improve the team’s effectiveness
- Collaborate in building a great working environment
- 3+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer with Java or NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases or NoSQL databases
- 2+ years of experience leading teams through high-complexity projects
- Experience developing scalable REST APIs in cloud environments
- Experience working with microservices and/or distributed systems
- Fluent in English
- You have a keen understanding of what is needed to deliver software on time with high standards of quality
- You are very well organized and extremely focused on structure and documentation
- Ability to create and communicate goals, foster accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in communicating across internal departments and to stakeholders
- Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain knowledge is a nice to have
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, NestJS, Mongoose as our backend libraries
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- SQS to manage background tasks
- Some AWS services to send emails and store objects
- Datadog and Sentry for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests
- Find a niche at the forefront of bleeding edge innovation
- Technical, operational, generalist, and entry-level positions available
- Fully remote, with offices in New York, Buenos Aires, and Paris
- Help some passionate humans make a better world
POAP is a platform that allows Issuers to distribute badges in the form of NFTs to Collectors when they take part in an activity such as an event or a landmark occasion. Issuers range from small events and communities to event-organizing companies and departments with numerous people working in teams.
POAPs mission it’s to solidify its position as the best ecosystem for the preservation of memories, serving more communities more reliably.
POAP is a complex product with the end goal of enabling everyone to preserve their memories using a reliable standard, empowering the collectors with true ownership of their digital assets. Our products act as a bridge between mainstream and web3 by providing a friendly way to interact with blockchain technologies while offering a world class experience.