shape Acala's international legal strategy
7 months ago
To be successful in this position you'll need a background not only on the frontlines of technology legal practice, but also that of the finance / payments industry. Experience working as an internal legal counsel for a technology startup will be highly advantageous, but is not an absolute requisite.
In this role you will have three primary responsibilities; Legal Adviser to the C-Level founding team; Principal Liaison to our external legal partners; Researcher into the nitty-gritty detail of fintech patent law and 'best practice' methods for integration efforts (think 'when Uber met Visa' and you're on the right track).
- Oversee and help to shape our international legal strategy, via any means necessary
- Proactively identify and overcome the obstacles we face in 2022 and beyond
- Navigate the emergent legal trends in the blockchain industry to sharpen your legal advice to us
- Draft, review and maintain contractual documents and legal disclaimers
- Manage day-to-day legal operations within the company (contractual agreements, etc.)
- License to practice law in APAC jurisdiction(s), Singapore preferable
- 3+ years minimum legal experience in International Finance
- 1 year minimum in-house legal counsel experience
- Experience with mature stage startups
- Strong knowledge of fintech practices, and digital assets or tokens
- All the other sexy stuff around drafting & redrafting regulatory contracts
- Competitive contract-based compensation (you'll have to invoice us from wherever you are)
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
Acala is an ecosystem and education partner of both the W3F and Polkadot. Throughout 2021 we have proven ourselves to be the DeFi hub(s) of the Polkadot Ecosystem & Community by securing the first crowdloan-funded parachain slots on both the Polkadot & Kusama blockchain networks.
But we're just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.