a native zkEVM Layer 2 Solution for Ethereum
Scroll questsall 2
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
mission, vision & values
To scale Ethereum with our zkEVM-based zkRollup, we have designed Scroll based on a set of technical principles which uphold Scroll's core values.
Our vision and values
- Empowering humanity - starting with blockchain developers and users
- Build in the open with the community
- Fight for decentralization and censorship resistance
Our technical principles:
1/ Ensuring user security
By building on Ethereum according to this principle, we are rooting the security of Scroll in the most secure and decentralized consensus of the Ethereum base layer.
2/ Maintaining EVM-equivalence
To be maximally developer and user friendly, Scroll is EVM-equivalent, not simply EVM-compatible.
In order for users to enjoy a great experience on a Layer 2, we believe that:
- Transaction fees should be low, orders of magnitude cheaper than on the base layer.
- Users should experience instant pre-confirmation on the Layer 2 and reasonably fast finality on the base layer (Ethereum in our case).
4/ Decentralization across all layers of the community
By building in the open with the community and charting a credible path to decentralizing both proving and sequencing, Scroll is committed to ensuring decentralization across all dimensions.
How our principles lead to Scroll's design
- Security and EVM-equivalence lead us to a zkEVM-based zkRollup solution
- Decentralization leads us to a decentralized prover network
- Efficiency leads us to focus on open research-driven innovation
If our vision of scaling Ethereum in an open and community-driven way resonates with you, we are looking for values-aligned individuals to help Scroll become the most developer- and user-friendly scaling solution for Ethereum.
- If you are a ZK researcher, ZKP, Go or Solidity developer, or a GPU engineer, we are working on many interesting technical challenges at the edge of what’s possible. Come build cutting-edge solutions to these problems with us in the open!
- If you love nurturing and growing ecosystems or communities, we are looking for developer advocates and community organizers to make sure we are building in a community-aligned and user-friendly way.
history & achievments
- PHASE 1 - zkEVM PoC (done)
- PHASE 2 - zkEVM testnet
- PHASE 3 - Layer-2 proof outsourcing
- PHASE 4 - zkEVM mainnet
- PHASE 5 - Decentralized sequencer and more efficient zkVM
- Ye Zhang - Co-founder & Research
- Haichen Shen - Co-founder
- Sandy - Co-Founder
Oops. In progress...